Sunburst rustic ruby hoop earrings inspired by ancient civilisations and the notion of rebirth with the daily rising of the sun the nightly moon. Available in gold or silver.
Exude your inner goddess style with these grand oversize hoops. These ruby earrings are completely unique to you one of a kind earrings. Each pair is hand crafted from start to finish, meaning no pair is the same.
These creole hoop earrings are modern and liberated in a creative, artistic and handmade style while also bringing a touch of ancient style to your ears.
The surface of the front has a distinct feeling of an ancient excavated artefact. A pair of rubies are wrapped in glistening rustic metal. The unusual ear wire ensures the hoops hang correctly.
Ruby is the July birthstone. The name comes from the Latin 'ruber' for red. It's deep read colour is symbolic of strength and protection so in times gone by rubies were worn by warriors.
Your earrings will be made to order using the same techniques but are completely hand carved from start to finish, so each pair is unique.
Artisan ruby earrings in and gold or sterling silver (white, rose and yellow gold). For purities greater than 9ct, please enquire for price.
BRAND HISTORY AND ETHICS
The name Seraga comes from the name of my father, Serag, a Coptic Egyptian. He led me through the early part of the path that is my life, encouraging my talents to flourish and so it felt appropriate to name my company after him and the ancestry that has inspired me. In ancient Egypt, jewellery was of huge importance, as was gold and other riches. In particular, I love the ancient technique of granulation, where tiny balls of precious metal are added to the metal surface for decoration. Where possible, I try to combine the luxury of these ancient jewels with the wonder of the natural world, such as ancient English woodland and the beauty of the British seaside.
I believe in the time honoured tradition of my art, that is to make each item with love and the great care it merits. Every piece of jewellery is handmade in my small workshop by the coast in Lyme Regis, Dorset. No piece is exactly the same.
I put a lot of love into each piece I make and I hope you love your piece as much as I enjoyed making it.
With love from Lyme Regis.
- Real rubies
- Sterling silver
- Organic earthy finish
- Rustic edges
- Curled ear wire to rear to create an attractive back.
- Diameter of disc about 3cm
- Earring length approximately 3.75cm total. If you would like the disc shape or the height made smaller, please do let me know at or immediately after checkout.
- Ear wire is 0.8mm diameter making them suitable for even narrow piercings.
- Each earring weight: approx 5.9g
- Custom made to fit you - see FAQs for sizing
- Recycled metals used where possible
- Ready to wear.
1. How do I care for this jewellery? Thorough care instructions are provided in my FAQs section. Jewellery should be stored properly and protected from cleaning chemicals, labour and removed when showering.
2. How can I be sure it will fit? Don’t worry; we will make sure this fits you.
3. How does it arrive? Each item is packaged but not gift wrapped. If you would like a gift box and wrapping, I will be happy to do that for you.
4. Will I get the EXACT item in the photo? No, each item is made to order.
Made from the heart by SeragaEngland.