Made from reticulated sterling silver and granulated copper. Also available in all 9ct yellow, white or rose gold. When made from all gold, the texture will be the same bark-like design, but the colour will be all one colour gold.
This band is a perfect choice for both men and women. We can make it in any width metal between 7 and 11mm. It's rustic and chunky whilst retaining its fine character. Its wonderfully unique rippled or bark like surface is charmingly tactile. Incredible texture. The ripples in the molten metal make it look like a pool of light enveloping your finger. The technique used to create this wonderful texture is highly involved and requires the heating and cooling of the silver or gold a great many times. This was first pioneered by Faberge many centuries ago. These rings are highly experimental and beautifully natural looking; each one has a finish totally unique to your ring.
This beautiful band fits with those who like the finer things in life as well as those interested in organic, rustic or plant inspired styles.
This ring can be worn as a rustic statement ring, stacker ring or a unique wedding band.
Every aspect of the design is totally unique to your ring, because the process used to create the texture cannot be repeated in an identical way. The beautiful silver gains a rippled molten texture with the heating process. Your ring will be made to your size using the same techniques and will be similar but not identical to the ring pictured. The way the copper is added to this ring means that it will change over time. The copper may wear in places, but the nature of the rustic ring means it would not be out of character for this ring. I provide this ring with a protective coating to minimise copper depletion or tarnishing.
BRAND HISTORY AND ETHICS
The name Seraga comes from the name of my father, Serag, a Coptic Egyptian. He led me through the early part of the path that is my life, encouraging my talents to flourish and so it felt appropriate to name my company after him and the ancestry that has inspired me. In ancient Egypt, jewellery was of huge importance, as was gold and other riches. In particular, I love the ancient technique of granulation, where tiny balls of precious metal are added to the metal surface for decoration. Where possible, I try to combine the luxury of these ancient jewels with the wonder of the natural world, such as ancient English woodland and the beauty of the British seaside.
I believe in the time honoured tradition of my art, that is to make each item with love and the great care it merits. Every piece of jewellery is handmade in my small workshop by the coast in Lyme Regis, Dorset. No piece is exactly the same.
I put a lot of love into each piece I make and I hope you love your piece as much as I enjoyed making it.
With love from Lyme Regis.
- 10mm deep by 1mm thickness. Depth varies due to heating methods. The ring may be different depths around due to the way molten metal behaves. Can be made to smaller scale upon request.
- Sterling silver & copper or all gold
- Made to your size
- Custom made to fit you - see FAQs for sizing
- Recycled metals used where possible
- Ready to wear
1. How do I care for this jewellery? Thorough care instructions are provided in my FAQs section. Jewellery should be stored properly and protected from cleaning chemicals, labour and removed when showering.
2. How can I be sure it will fit? Don’t worry; we will make sure this fits you. If you’re unsure of your ring size, select the largest size and then message me straight away. We will make the ring to fit you.
3. How does it arrive? Each ring is packaged but not gift wrapped. If you would like a gift box and wrapping, I will be happy to do that for you.
4. Will I get the EXACT item in the photo? No, each item is made to order.
Made from the heart by SeragaEngland.
There are no reviews yet.